STORM DAMAGE EMERGENCY SERVICES
Here in Minnesota we can expect wind, rain, hail, lightening and tornadoes. When it affects your property you need immediate help. Whether your siding or shingles have been torn off by wind or damaged by hail, a tree has fallen on your home or business, or any other natural disaster, R. Miller Construction, Inc. (R. Miller Construction) is ready to help. It is extremely important that measures be taken immediately to minimize additional damage. Our emergency response team will respond within two hours to secure your home, tarp your roof, board-up windows and will remove trees from your property, if needed. Drying areas will be immediately set up, if needed, so your contentscan be protected from any further water damage or theft. Severe wind can often cause damages hidden from routine inspection, such as split or twisted framing or misaligned walls. Regardless of the extent of damage, we are experts in providing emergencyservices and restoring your property to its pre-loss condition with minimal disruption to your everyday life.
Did you know that straight line winds cause more damage to your home or business than tornadoes?
Click once to read the steps for Storm Restoration, click again to close:STEP 1: RESPOND
- Assess the damaged property and remove trees or debris from the structure.
- Board up windows, doors, tarp roof and all exterior exposures as needed to secure the property and contents.
- Examine the interior for damage to the structure, contents and building materials.
- Remove personal property from the damaged area. Assess the need for restoration of contents and catalog and pack for storage.
- Set up emergency generators if there is a power loss.
- Clean and sanitize the area to prevent mold.
- Establish the project scope, timeline and budget to bring the property back to pre-loss condition.
- Work with the property owners and insurance company representatives to assess the damage and approve the action plan.
- In the case of a natural disaster we will communicate with FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers or other government agencies to advise on services.
- Acquire necessary permits to begin reconstruction.
- Depending on the damage we will repair roofs, siding, doors, windows and gutters as well as any interior structural damage.
- Install new carpeting, hardwood or other flooring products as required.
- Replace any sheetrock or wall materials in the damaged area.
- Replace any electrical systems or plumbing that may have been damaged.
- Apply the appropriate paint and coatings to surfaces.
View our Hail Video